Covid-19 instructions for those arriving to Kainuu Orienteering Week
Due to the coronavirus situation, only pre-registered orienteers can participate in Kainuu Orienteering Week. On-site registration is not possible.
Spectators are not allowed to come to the event, but we allow parents and custodians to come along with children and youth participants.
All participants arriving to Kainuu Orienteering Week please note the following things before departure to the Kainuu Orienteering Week.
Pre-registration for the competition categories (H/D8-95) ends on Mon 14th June at 23.59
- After the above time, we will no longer be able to accept registrations
- The start lists of the race series (without start times) are on the rastiviikko.fi -> Results page
- In competition categories freely chosen starting times are used except in the H/D16-21E categories
- Competition categories participants can choose their start time for each race day of the race week between 16th June - 23rd June at 23.59. Thereafter, unselected starting times are determined at random
Pre-registration for the open courses (open orienteering) ends on Mon 14th June 2021 at 23:59
- Those who have registered for the open courses can be seen on the rastiviikko.fi -> Results page
- Freely chosen starting times are used for open courses
- Participants can choose their starting time from the daily starting time window of about 6 hours. With regard to open courses, a limit of 50 people is expected for the summer, so the dividing into starting groups of 50 people will be applied to open courses.
- Open courses orienteers will be able to choose their start time for each race day of the race week between 16th June - 23rd June at 23.59. Thereafter, unselected starting times are determined at random
Registration for the open courses ends on Friday 2nd July 2021 at 23.59
- after this we can no longer accept registrations and also on-site registration is no longer possible
- For open courses between 24th June - 2nd July registered orienteers, the start times are set at random
To prevent the spread of the Covid-19 epidemic, the following services of the Competition Centre will be different in this week:
- The Muksula service is not available
- Take advantage of the free start times in competition categories and in open courses
- Instead, the Rastiralli activity route (for under-school age) serves every race day
- The showers are not in use
- There is no refreshing station in the finish area
- During warm and sunny race day we recommend orienteer to have a drinking bottle for orienteering performance so that it is possible to have refreshment immediately after finish line from your own drinking bottle
- During orienteering there are some drinking stations in the terrain if the Covid-19 restrictions allows this
- There are no result boards in the competition centre
- The online results are on rastiviikko.fi -> Results page
- The dog park service is not available
- Take advantage of the local dog care company
- Club tent places can only be booked in advance
- See the club tent section for more detailed instructions in these competition instructions. There are a limited number of club tent places available. It is forbidden to set up a club tent in the competition centre without a booked and marked tent place!
Before departure to the Kainuu Orienteering Week trip
We recommend that you download the Koronavilkku application in advance
You can only come to the competition and Kainuu as completely asymptomatic (no any flu symptoms allowed)
During the Kainuu Orienteering Week trip
- Follow the valid hygiene, safety interval and face mask recommendations throughout the trip from your hometown to Kainuu and back
- Face masks must be worn throughout the competition (except for the orienteering performance of the orienteering week) and when moving in public places in the Kainuu area.
- The use of fabric face masks is not recommended due to poor protective capacity!
- When traveling from your hometown to Kainuu and back to your hometown, please avoid unnecessary stops in public places
- In the Kainuu region, we ask you to minimize movement in public places and to stay in one place and in the same group throughout the trip
- Only the necessary grocery shopping is done in the shop
- As a rule, please only move and travel with your own accommodation group, when visiting the competition centre or elsewhere, for example, hiking, etc.
During the Kainuu Orienteering Week event
- Follow the hygiene, safety interval and face mask recommendations at the competition centre and event centre
- Hand washing / use of hand disinfectant when entering public areas
- Hand washing / use of hand disinfectant whenever coming to the customer service point (eg KOW info, restaurant and café outlets, shops, etc.)
- Keeping safety distances both indoors and outdoors
- Face masks must be worn throughout the event when moving around the competition centre or competition area
- The use of fabric face masks is not recommended due to their poor protective capacity!
- The orienteer must use his own face mask
- On departure to and from the start place (before start time)
- Immediately upon arrival at the finish, the face mask involved in the orienteering performance must be put on
- You do not need to use a face mask during orienteering
- The orienteer is responsible for the acquisition and use of the face mask