KAINUU ORIENTEERING WEEK 2023
Other things to do
3rd Kainuu Trail Hossa National Park (Finland) trail running 1st July 2023
The third Kainuu Trail Hossa National Park trail running will be arranged on Saturday 1st July 2023. Running distances are 78, 55, 38, 21 and 10 k. There is a separate competition category for 12-17-year-olds on the 10 k distance. Check out the event and register for a run on Hossa National Park's stunning trails and spectacular sceneries - www.kainuutrail.fi.
2nd Kainuu MTBO Week 2 - 7 July 2023
The 2nd Kainuu MTBO Week in the history of Kainuu Orienteering Week will be held in the summer of 2023. See the program of the MTBO week at the beginning of this competition invitation. More detailed information about the event: www.rastiviikko.fi/en/2023/kainuu-mtbo-week
Open sprint orienteering event on Monday 3rd July 2023
Place: Event Centre, Kuhmo
Time: Monday 3rd July 2023, at 14-17
Tracks: A, B and C
Map fee: 10 €
Timing: Yes (Emit/MTR)
Prizes: Each track’s fastest time (orienteer) will have free participation either in competition categories or open courses to the 56th Kainuu Orienteering Week 30 June - 5 July 2024 in Joutenlampi, Kajaani, Finland. Additionally, amongst every participant there will be a raffle of one free participation to the Kainuu O-Week 2024.
Open sprint tracks 4 - 6 July 2023
Place: Event Centre, Kuhmo
Tracks: A, B and C (different tracks than in Monday’s 3rd July event)
Map fee: 5 €
Timing: Yes (Emit/MTR), open only in the opening hours of the Event Centre’s KOW info
Maps: Available in the opening hours of the Event Centre’s and the Competition Centre’s KOW info
Prizes: The fastest time (orienteer) on each track between 4 - 6 July 2023 will be awarded with free participation either in competition categories or open courses to the 56th Kainuu Orienteering Week 30 June - 5 July 2024 in Joutenlampi, Kajaani, Finland. Additionally, amongst every participant there will be a raffle of one free participation to the Kainuu O-Week 2024.
Other activities to during Kainuu Orienteering Week
26.6.-2.7.2023 Ethno music festival Sommelo
Event website: www.sommelo.net/en/
9.-22.7.2023 53rd Kuhmo Camber Music
Event website: www.kuhmofestival.fi/english
Other services at Kuhmo area
Restaurants and cafe's
- Bistro Neljä Kaesaa
- Cafe Torilla
- Kaesan kotileipomo ja herkkupuoti
- Kahvila Retro
Shops and grocery stores
- Hyvärisen Leipomo
- Pajakka Kuhmo
- Pääkkönen & Piirainen
- Rusasen Kulma
- K-Supermarket Kuhmo
- S-Market Kuhmo
- S-Market Kuhmo Koulukatu
- For self-employed travelers and those looking for a hike, there is plenty to offer from all over Kainuu.
- There are several hiking routes in Kuhmo e.g. Elimyssalo, Syväjärvi and Sininen polku. See more hiking routes here.
- Other places worth visiting in the Kainuu region include Hossa, Hiidenportti and Tiilikkajärvi national parks and the Akkovaara and Kivesvaara hiking trails.
- The great hill area of Vuokatinvaara at Vuokatti are probably familiar to many, but they rejoice again and again. These and many other places of interest can be found within day-visit distance from Kuhmo. For more information, e.g. www.luontoon.fi, www.koutavuores.net/retkipolut or www.infogis.fi/kainuu/
- Frisbeegolf tracks in Kuhmo: Kalevala sport center frisbeegolf track, Mammankaivo frisbeegolf track and Kuhmo sport center practice track (3 -lane).
- Kuhmo city library
- Kuhmon luontokeskus Petola
- Pajakkakino (movie theatre)
- Tuupalan museo (museum)
- Vienan Portti
- From the Kainuu pages you can find information about Kainuu, e.g. for the traveler.
- From the Arctic Lakeland pages you can find information on e.g. Kainuu's sights, activities, places to eat and hiking trails.
- From the Tapahtumien Kainuu pages you can find all the things happening in Kuhmo and other places of Kainuu region.
- Wild Taiga´s website has also additional information about Kainuu summertime activities.
- You can search for trekking and hiking routes from Kainuu outdoor activity map.
- You can also visit the hiking trails in the Kainuu region on the Outdooractive website.