Welcome to arrange the Kainuu Orienteering Week 2022 event!
Kainuu Orienteering Week is known as an orienteering and holiday week for the whole family and it is one of the largest sport events in Finland, which gathers 4000-10000 participants in Kainuu every year. Approximately 300-350 volunteers are running the event each year. There are a wide variety of tasks and most of them do not require any special experience. The skills and abilities of each volunteer can be used in various activities before, during and after the Kainuu O-Week.
Kainuu Orienteering Week is a relaxed event where orienteers of all levels, spectators and volunteers enjoys the summer in Kainuu and a great athmosphere of a sport event. Come along and enjoy working together!
We offer the following benefits to all volunteers at our event free of charge:
Before the event
- During the construction of the competition centre, food and coffee for each working day
- Food and coffee for each day of work for those working in the competition office
During the event (July 3-8, 2022, race days Sun, Tue, Thu and Fri)
- Bus transportation on every race day (Puolanka city centre - Competition centre (Luhtakangas / Pyssylampi) - Puolanka city centre)
- Parking ticket for car parking (for those volunteers who cannot take advantage of the bus transport)
- Food and coffee for every working day
- Face masks (if needed in current Covid-19 situation)
- buff scarf or running headband or cap
After the event
- During the dismantling of the competition centre, food and coffee for each working day
- Kainuu Orienteering Week 2022's "Thank you" party, which will be held in autumn 2022 for all those who participated in the arrangements of the Kainuu Orienteering Week
- Volunteer's employee certificate (made on request and ordered after the Kainuu O-Week from the event's Secretary General firstname.lastname@example.org)
Summer work voucher 2022 of the Puolanka municipality
Young people in the municipality of Puolanka can take advantage of the municipality's summer work voucher. Usually the working time on a summer work voucher is about 2 weeks. After the event, you will receive an official work and employee certificate for the Kainuu Orienteering Week summer job to be attached into your CV. If you are interested in summer work at Kainuu O-Week, please contact the event's Secretary General: Jukka Liuha, 044-7679533, email@example.com.
REGISTER AS A VOLUNTEER FOR KAINUU ORIENTEERING WEEK 2022 BY USING THIS ENTRY FORM
- You can find the "job" areas of Kainuu Orienteering Week and their job descriptions in the registration form. In addition, you will find the contact information of the person in charge of the area in the registration form.
- Feel free to ask more from either the people in charge of the areas directly or the following officials:
- Secretary General: Jukka Liuha, 044-7679533, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Competition Office: Minna Rönkkö, 044-5123517, email@example.com