KOW competition categories
- A total of four race days and two rest days
- Week schedule: 1st stage, rest day, 2nd stage, rest day, 3rd stage and 4th stage
- Competition categories: available age categories H/D8-95, Elite categories H/D16-21E
- There are four race days, in the competition categories. The final results will be determined by the collected results of those four race days. In 2021 the Elite categories there be no pursuit stages on the last competition day due to the exception arrangements caused by the coronavirus.
- Stage winners and overall prizes are awarded in all competition categories. In the H/D21 elite categories total cash prizes of up to 6,000 euros as follows:
- H21E: 1. 1500 €, 2. 1000 €, 3. 500 €
- D21E: 1. 1500 €, 2. 1000 €, 3. 500 €
Categories, starts, scales and distances
Map scale 1:10 000 is used in most of the categories. Scale 1:7500 are marked for those categories where it will be used.
Categories, starts, scales, distances, participants and prizes will be found in this table.
Men and women
Boys and girls
* The track is the same as the H/D8RR Family RR/Avoin RR series.
Starting points guide map
The guide map shows the distance from the competition centre to each starting point for each race day.
Schedules on race days (tentative schedule)
|Day||KOW-info open||First starts:||The finish is closed:|
|Sun 4.7.||11.00-19.00||at 11.00||at 18.00|
|Tue 6.7.||9.00-17.00||at 11.00||at 18.00|
|Thur 8.7.||9.00-17.00||at 11.00||at 18.00|
|Fri 9.7.||8.00-16.00||at 10.00||at 17.00|
|NOTE! All orienteers who have left the forest must register at the finish even if they have suspended their performance !!|
Starting lists will be published in week 24 on here.
All competitors must wear a competition number. You will find the number bibs hanging on a string near the KOW-Info. Please, attach the number using your own safety pins. Safety pins can be purchased at the KOW-Info at €1 / 4 pcs. Competitors will use the same number throughout the week apart from the Elite categories (H/D16-21E) where competitors will be given a new number for the pursuit on the last competition day.
A replacement competition number may be purchased at the KOW-info for 2 euros.
All competitors must use an emit card.
Emit cards reserved for the competition categories can be picked up and paid at the KOW-info for €15/week or €5/day. There is an €80 charge for unreturned Emit card.
The condition of the Emit card can be checked at the model control point in the Competition Centre.
The same Emit card CANNOT be used in both competition and open courses.
In the H/D21E categories, the top three overall winners of the Kainuu Orienteering Week will receive money prizes.
1. €1,500, 2. €1,000, 3. €500
The top three will be awarded according to the overall results. If there are only between one and five competitors, only the winner will receive a prize. If there are six or more competitors, the top three will receive a prize. 1st, 2nd and 3 rd stage the winner of each series of the competition will be awarded.
The KOW commemorative prize will be awarded to all participants. Additionally all H/D8-10RR and family categories will receive a special commemorative prize.
Participants who have participated in Kainuu Orienteering Week (KOW) 20, 30, 40 or 50 times are entitled to an anniversary medal.
If you have participated 20, 30, 40 or 50 times at KOW this year, please send an e-mail to KOW competition office (email@example.com) one month before the KOW (until may 31st) and tell your name, club, country and the number of participating years (20, 30, 40, 50 years).